Announcing the Full Schedule for Business of Software Conference Europe
You can now view the full schedule for Business of Software Conference Europe 2018.
That means we've just added our final speaker, Bruce McCarthy. Bruce has been in Product Management for over 20 years, so it's fair to say he knows what he's talking about. He's the President of the Boston Product Management Association (BPMA), recently published his book 'Product Roadmaps Relaunched', and writes a great, very short, newsletter on Product Culture called 'One Thing' - it comes thoroughly recommended by us. Bruce will be talking about why 'Product Culture Eats Execution Culture'.
So there we have it - all 12 speakers now announced. Here they are:
- Tom Adeyoola - CEO/Founder, Metail
- Laura Roeder - CEO/Founder, MeetEdgar & Ropig
- Carl Ryden - CEO/Founder, PrecisionLender
- Nilan Peiris - VP Growth, TransferWise
- Wade Foster - CEO/Founder, Zapier
- Bill Janeway - Partner & Senior Advisor, Warburg Pincus
- Alison Coward - Founder, Bracket
- Jane Austin - Director of Design & UX, MOO
- Tim Barker - CEO, DataSift
- Tendayi Viki - Managing Partner, Benneli Jacobs
- Stephen Allott - Chairman, NED
- Bruce McCarthy - President, BPMA
To find out what they're speaking on, click the link below. Then register and join us for what promises to be the best BoS Conference Europe yet :)
Show Me The Full Schedule
Lightning Talk Applications Closing Next Week
Lightning Talks are tricky beasts...
You have 7.5 minutes to present a concept clearly, concisely, helpfully, and hopefully, humourously.
You have slides to help you. But they advance automatically every 30 seconds. Just to make it harder. Like you needed it to be made harder...
We've had some fantastic Lightning Talks over the years at Business of Software. Here you can see 3 of my favourites:
- Patrick McKenzie (patio11) on Marketing to Minorities
- Des Traynor (Intercom) on Product Strategy and Saying 'NO'
- Alexis Ohanian (Reddit) on How To Start, Run, & Sell a Web 2.0 Startup
If you fancy the challenge, you can send in your application at the link below. We'll be closing applications next week - don't miss the opportunity to be on the BoS stage.
I want to submit a Lightning Talk
New Video: Innovation Hangout with Rita Gunther McGrath and Michael Sikorsky
Watch The Hangout Replay
What a joy it was to return from a weekend of camping in the rain to chat with 2 of the nicest people in the software community. Joining me for our hangout last Monday on Innovation was Professor Rita Gunther McGrath, a Thinkers50 recognised academic and author (you may have read her fantastic book 'The End Of Competitive Advantage'), and Michael Sikorsky, the CEO and Founder of Digital Innovation Agency Robots & Pencils.
The Hangout centred on Rita & Michael's brilliant talk from last year's BoS USA Conference on Software-Driven Inflection Points. We discussed how to differentiate signal from noise when looking for future inflection points, how the investment ecosystem is evolving, and how innovation isn't just about products but also org dynamics. Put some time aside and watch the replay - trust me.