Hangout Replay with Jason Cohen
Last week we were going to sit down with Jason Cohen (who just closed a $250 million round of funding for WPEngine) and talk about feeling like you've got no idea what you're doing.
It turned out to be a much more wide ranging discussion.
We didn't just cover founder fear and doubt - we also covered:
- Jason's personal perspective on how the rules of business have changed in the 8 years since he founded WPEngine
- How he started WPEngine as a Bootstrapped business for two years before he took a small investment
- What "Culture" really is and how some companies have turned it into a meaningless marketing schtick
- What it was like stepping down as CEO of his company
- Why the current CEO is as much of an entrepreneur as Jason is
Yep, all that in an hour. It was a seriously good conversation!
Watch the Hangout
Get Early Access To All Talks From BoS Conference USA 2017
You've seen the first talk from BoS USA 2017 - now you can get early access to all of the talks :-)
What a collection of ideas and actionable insights await. You'll learn:
- Why growth becomes a very wild beast that's always hungry. How can you tame it? (Natalie Nagele, Wildbit)
- How to identify important tech trends and make them work for you. (Prof Rita Gunther McGrath & Michael Sikorsky, Robots & Pencils)
- How to manage internal communications as you scale (Chris Savage, Wistia)
- Why you should turn your "funnel" into a "megaphone" (Seth Godin, Author)
- How to use old school lessons to write way better copy (Joanna Wiebe, Copy Hackers)
- How to use your competition as a catalyst for growth (Mike McDerment, FreshBooks)
- Tactics to ensure you hire the right people (Bridget Harris, YouCanBook.Me)
And so, so much more. I haven't even mentioned Sherry Walling's brilliant talk on avoiding burnout, Anil Dash's inspiring call-to-arms that closed the conference, or the fact that Josh Seiden brought his dog Joey on stage with him. Dogs at BoS!
Take Me To The Talks
We will be releasing these talks over the course of the next year, but you can get them all now for $150. Download them, watch them on the go, share them with your team - this is an incredible resource for your personal development.
Product Development Rules (+ When To Break Them): A BoS Playlist
Product Development is the bread and butter of the SaaS Business. Seeing the seed of your idea grow into something useable and sellable - that's the stuff of dreams. But the road to the sale is filled with Product Development potholes. What are the rules you need to abide by when building a great product?
Included in this playlist are talks from legendary authors Don Norman ('The Design of Everyday Things') and Rich Mironov ('The Art of Product Management') who both gave brilliant talks at BoS on rules for building successful products.
There is a caveat though - important and inviolable as some rules might be, you do need to know when to throw away the book. Scott Eblen (Director of Product Management, Twitter) completes the playlist with some thoughts on when it's best to abandon orthodox product thinking for the sake of the Product.
Get The Playlist Here